Pacific Gas & Electric Company
BSS brings energy, expertise, and environmental perspectives to PG&E’s major sponsorships
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) retained BSS in 2007 to develop, enhance and manage sponsorship actions on behalf of the company. BSS has helped the company, its sponsored organizations, and its customers generate far greater value from sponsorship activities.
In our work at PG&E, we have focused primarily on large investments and major strategic opportunities for creative leveraging. Key functions include:
- Reviewing sponsorship opportunities and offering expert strategic counsel
- Generating optimum value through savvy negotiation of major sponsorship deals
- Enhancing existing sponsorships through creative activation and use of benefits
- Expertly managing day-to-day activation of ongoing major sponsorships
- Integrating community-oriented and sustainable elements into programs
- Strategically managing brand integration and messaging in sponsorships/events
- Driving collaboration among internal organizations and agencies
Throughout our work with PG&E, we have maintained a focus on sustainability actions and community outreach, each of which has served to enhance the image and practices of the company and the properties it sponsors while positively impacting the community and environment. We have played a key role in PG&E’s sponsorship of the following properties and events:
San Francisco Giants
PG&E’s San Francisco Giants sponsorship offers a clear view into our work on behalf of the company. In addition to deal negotiation and day-to-day activation of the sponsorship benefits, BSS introduced the following enhancements that greatly increase the sponsorship’s value:
- Through strategic positioning as the Giants’ Lead Sustainability Sponsor, PG&E helped the Giants to achieve LEED Silver status and numerous awards. The story of PG&E’s involvement in the greening of AT&T Park has been shared with millions of fans via high profile game day events and ballpark branding.
- A Community Partner Program was developed that provides the opportunity for PG&E’s community partner groups to attend games at the ballpark, receive tours, and take part in special on-field ceremonies. The program expands PG&E’s messaging and branding platforms at the ballpark.
Golden Gate Bridge 75th Anniversary
California Academy of Sciences
Outside Lands Music Festival
Mill Valley Film Festival/CFI
Treasure Island Music Festival
Rabobank Arena, Bakersfield
Science Rocks with Radio Disney
Habitat for Humanity